Diabetes - A Truth and a Lie

I was recently doing some surfing on the net, with particular regard for information on type 2 diabetes.

I was diagnosed with this disease over 2 years ago, and after visiting my doctor and trying to control my diabetes with diet and medication, it soon became apparent that this was insufficient, and I was moved onto taking insulin by injection, as well as continuing to take medication.


My blood sugars are now more or less normal, a little high at times, but I check them three times a day and try and walk 2 miles every day. I find this tends to keep my sugars between 5 and 7 mmol.

So what? Why am I telling you this?

I'm telling you this because you are reading the scribbling of an actual type 2 diabetic - me.

I am writing this because I'm upset, very upset. Not with the disease (you just have to get on with life, and it's not that bad), but the way charlatans and cheats who try and convince diabetics to part with their cash in exchange for some sort of "cure".

They do it by promoting a generic web page which they can hide behind, which is full wonderful news about how you can be cured.

For example, this morning I can across an advert, (it was a paid for, Google ad, for which Google are not responsible), which was attached to an article about diabetes 2. The article itself was accurate, and of course the ad is not connected to the article, just served up as an ad to match the article content.

I decided to take a look at the ad.

It claimed to have a product that offered a cure for diabetes. It was also full of the usual "it brought tears to my eyes to see my wife....." etc., etc.

Of course, at the bottom was where you hand over your cash for this "incredible" product.

Now let me say this once, and once only.

Diabetes is incurable - fact.

There is no way round this; there is no remedy, no magic bullet.

The problem is, in the US, unlike the UK, drugs are expensive. But please, spending money on these "wonder products" is a waste of funds that could otherwise be spent on drugs that do help your condition, and without which renal failure, blindness and amputations are genuine possibilities.

I get really mad when I see this sort of thing.

The best you can do when you have type 1 or 2 diabetes is firstly checking your diet. Generally, most people who develop type 2 diabetes are overweight.

We live in a couch potato society. Comfort food, no exercise and recliner chairs. Sound familiar? This has to change, preferably before one contracts this chronic disease, but definitely after.

Don't waste your time with false promises, and before you buy anything, check it out with a doctor first - your life may depend on it.

Toby has been diabetic for almost 2 years now, but likes to prove that one can still have a normal lifestyle. Visit his latest website at http://roundtableclothsreview.com which helps people find the best deals on a 90 round tablecloth and information for the keen home entertainer.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Toby_Dushieney

No comments:

Post a Comment