4 Ways Sugar Is Bad For You After Age 50


Most of us know too much sugar will pack on the pounds with too many empty calories and ultimately make us fat. But beyond that fact, sugar is creating havoc with our bodies and our health. Many that we do not think of right away but are very important. Especially over the age of 50.


Today I am going to highlight just 9 ways sugar is bad for you if you are over 50 years of age. There are more, but we'll stick to just 9 here today. That is enough to get the point, don't you agree? I did not come up with these on my own. These 9 reasons that sugar is bad for you is a result of my researching over the internet over the past few weeks. And only from reliable sources such as articles from the Mayo Clinic and WEbMD, just to mention a few. I have condensed them down to the major effects for those of us over 50 and solutions to fight it.

Here they are:

1. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function. The more you eat sugar, the more you elasticity you lose! ( how much money have YOU spent in the last year trying to hide your wrinkles?)

2. Sugar can increase your fasting level of glucose. And persistently high sugar levels behave like a slow-acting poison. And its just common sense that poison is not good for the body.

3. Sugar can weaken eye sight. If you have high blood sugar it causes the lens of the eye to swell, which changes your ability to see. And it can take up to 3 months to get back to normal.

4. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease. I personally know this to be true and have the dentist bills to prove it. I had a dentist tell me sugar wouldn't hurt my teeth! Ha! He just saw me as a cash cow to pay for work needed! He was even going to have me have all my upper teeth extracted at age 40 for only $15,000!
Thanks to good friends who got me to a better dentist and periodontist I still have my good teeth.

Amazing how sugar can affect your overall health in so many different directions. We could spend days on each topic, but I will leave that focused research on each topic for different posts. What I want to address right now: What are you going to do about it?

There are programs and books that you can buy inexpensively that could guide you on the "how" and "why" in more detail than here. I outlined several solutions for you at my blog: http://ConquerSugarCravings.com if you are interested in taking action in exploring an avenue to cut back on sugar.

If you want to start conquering your cravings for sugar and enjoy better health, energy and stamina, claim my special report on "Sugar Solutions That Work: by visiting Crush Sugar Cravings where you can learn how foods are affecting your appetite and health.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gretchen_Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment